Revive Therapeutics Advancing novel therapies for serious and unmet medical needs.
|Expanding into Cannabinoid-based Therapeutics||Initial focus on Cannabinoids for Liver Diseases Keeping With Rare Disease Strategy|
|Cystinuria USA Phase 2 study $500M market||Expanding pipeline with novel therapies known to be safe, potentially effective, lower risk development and faster-to-market|
About Revive Therapeutics
Revive Therapeutics has 66.6 million shares fully diluted , a market cap of 20 million CAD, cash burn rate of approximately $200,000 CAD / month and a war chest of $2.1 million CAD ( as of september 30th 2016). Beacon securities also previously issued a 12 month price target of $3.00 CAD.
Revive’s drug discovery approach combines bioinformatics and drug development relationships with leading researchers and institutions.
Revive targets opportunities by identifying and investigating potential drugs and plant-based therapies, such as cannabinoids, that may be repurposed for new indications, be delivered in a different way, or be developed as new chemical entities.
Revive has a multi-disciplinary scientific team of advisors who are experts in the discovery, development, delivery, manufacturing and marketing of drugs as well as in plant-based sciences.
Pipeline & Pipeline Development
Multidisciplinary drug candidate screening process that includes complex bioinformatics and research collaborations.
Technology Platform Bioinformatics literature-based platform designed to identify repurposed drugs and plant-based therapies (cannabinoids).
Looking for mechanisms of action that could prove useful for diseases and then rank these drug-disease pairs based on a weighing system that incorporates clinical studies, FDA correspondence, competiton, safety, real-world evidence, and unmet medical need.
Revive has identified a number of diseases that would benefit from cannabinoid-based therapeutics.
Liver Disease Opportunity
- Liver disease defined by improper functioning of liver, causing disorders like hepatitis, fatty liver, and cirrhosis.
- Liver Disease Opportunity Liver disease treatment market to reach $19.5 billion by 2022
- Growth drivers include rapidly changing lifestyle patterns (increasing consump=on of alcohol, and unhealthy diets) and increasing prevalence of liver diseases
- Over 100 different types of liver diseases affecting at least 30 million people in the U.S. alone
- 9 Pharma deals in liver disease space in 2016: • Allergan’s acquisition of Tobira Therapeutics for $1.7 billion • Novartis/Conatus license – $50M upfront, $650 Milestones
8 million diagnosed with gout in U.S. High prevalence to other diseases (65% have >1) § Hypertension (~70-80%), Diabetes (~25-40%), Chronic Kidney (~40%), Coronary Artery (~40%)
Significant drug therapy limitations 90% contraindicated to NSAIDs and steroids § 50%-66% contraindicated to colchicine § 38% responded to colchicine in clinical study
- Bucillamine for gout U.S. Patent expire 11/2033
- Completed Phase 2a Achieved positive results
- Ready for Phase 2b study Seeking pharma partner
- Cystinuria is a rare condition where stones made from cysteine form in the kidney and bladder
- Orphan disease with ~ 20,000 pa=ents in the U.S. Life-long therapy needed
- Significant limitations with existing therapies Limited efficacy, serious side effects, high dosing and costs
- $500 Million Market opportunity (5,000 patients x $100,000 per patient per year)
Evaluating Revive Therapeutics Key Financial Information
Peer analysis suggests Revive’s market value should be between $75 and $100 million. Revive is undervalued relative to Cannabinoid focused & Phase 2 stage companies. Revive’s focus is on novel and early stage cannabinoid programs with scientific rationale and safety. Bucillamine has proof-of concept efficacy and proven safety through decades of use ! Potential start of Phase 3 in 2018 is a major catalyst to close the valuation gap with peers.
- 4,223,465 Warrants @ $0.18 (expire June 18, 2018)
- 7,500,000 Warrants @$0.18 (expire June 18, 2018)
- 485,450 Finder’s Warrants @$0.10 (one common share and one-half warrant @$0.18)
- 1,553,151 stock options (925,000 @ $0.60, 590,000 @ $0.66, 38,151 @ $0.30)
Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements contained in this presentation constitute forward-looking information within the meaning of securities laws. Forward Looking information may relate to our future outlook and anticipated events or results and may include statements regarding our future financial position, business strategy, budgets, projected costs, capital expenditures, financial results, taxes and plans and objectives. In some cases, forward-looking information can be identified by terms such as “may”, “will”, “should”, “expect”, “plan”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “intend”, “estimate”, “predict”, “potential”, “con0nue” or other similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. These statements are based on certain factors and assumptions regarding, among other things, expected growth, results of operations, performance, and business prospects and opportunities. While we consider these assumptions to be reasonable based on information currently available to us, they may prove to be incorrect. Forward looking-information is also subject to certain factors, including risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from what we currently expect. These factors include, among other things, the availability of funds and resources to pursue development projects, the successful and only completion of clinical studies, and the ability to take advantage of business opportunities, the granting of necessary approvals by regulatory authorities, and general economic, market and business conditions. For more exhaustive information on these risks and uncertainties you should refer to our most recently filed Annual Information Form which is available at www.sedar.com. Forward-looking information contained in this presentation is based on our current estimates, expectations and projections, which we believe are reasonable as of the current date. You should not place undue importance on forward-looking information and should not rely upon this information as of any other date. While we may elect to, we are under no obligation and do not undertake to update this information at any particular time.
Disclosure: We own no position in Revive Therapeutics (RVV:CNSX)
Source : Revive Therapeutics Ltd. Presentation